Icons Logo

Icons Logo

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Icons Endo Skeleton Display Plaque



Here's a very rare artifact from one of the most ambitious film replica projects of all time. Which was undertaken from 1996 until 1998. The 1:1 scale reproduction of the Stan Winston Studios full-size Endo Skeleton seen in James Cameron's Terminator 2 : Judgment Day.

Prior to Icons, no company had ever attempted such a feat. It was unheard of. Like the replication of the Endo Skull, Endo Arm, Endo Rifle, etc. Icons spent hundreds of thousands of dollars reverse engineering hundreds of parts & components used in the making of the legendary screen-icon. At the time, Stan Winston Studios was known to have sold Endo Skeleton replicas at $100,000.00 USD !!!

This piece is one of 10 original Endo Skeleton all metal etched plaques, created to accompany the full-size Endo Skeleton replicas produced by Icons. Of which only "8" were ever completed & shipped, in Icons renown "Robot Factory", prior to the company's tragic closure in the Spring of 2000.

Interestingly, following the closure of the company, Icons research materials, molds & masters were turned over the Licensor where they were passed down to the companies who produce T2 replicas today.

Extremely limited, unnumbered / unissued, less than 10 made !! Measures 7" wide by 5" high.


This is a damaged (I guess) number 3.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Alan Cross and I owned one of the very first ICONS Endo Skeletons. Mine was labelled "Artist Proof 1" I'll always remember the day it arrived at my house. Driven over by an Icons employee who set it up in my upstairs study and fine-tuned the placement of the pistons and arms and legs. It was gorgeous. A work of art. After owning this endo skeleton for fourteen years, I have just, reluctantly, sold it. It'll be sad to see it go. But owning this beautiful collectible was a fulfillment of a dream. It's nice to live your dreams. And I got to live mine for a very long time. I love your site, Fred, and I wish you all the best! Alan Cross 10-28-10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your one of the lucky ones . I think only like 2 made it into private hands .

    ReplyDelete