Icons Logo

Icons Logo

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Icons Predator Environment Helmet



EL DIABLO CAZADOR DE HOMBRES...

The first edition of the Icons Predator arsenal line. This awesome collector's piece is sure to drop jaws when friends visit your display room. Cast directly off of a Predator helmet created for the film. Constructed of fiberglass and custom airbrushed to match the weathered/battle-hardened look of the screen-used helmet. Boasts mirrored view lens and illuminated tri-laser sight. Comes with the Predatoresque custom wall mount trophy rack (sculpted by David Mosher), which shows you got the best of the Predator....this time !!!


There was "1" very early Predator Helmet that I think Mike Moore painted which was very strange. Solid silver. Like chrome. With an airbrushed crack on the top. That looked like a lightning bolt. I think it was Vince Odoni that perfected the final weathered look in the end. The standard version.



 
Those are concept drawings rendered by Icons Graphic Designer and Illustrator Daren Dochterman, I believe, for a design concept for the Icons Predator Helmet replica and its display rack.
 
Once that concept rack was sculpted, Icons CEOs said "NO". It just didn't have that feeling. That Predator armor spaceship vibe. it was supposed to as if the Predator's may have actually used the wall rack to hang up their helmets on, on their spacecraft. It was supposed to be ever cooler with hoses etc...but Icons had already lost $$$ on that first version, so the line had to be drawn to stop and complete the project. So the 2nd one was a re-design. Daren or Tone designed it.



Those pictures are the base sculpt by David Mosher.
 

3 comments:

  1. Fred I have to be 100 pct honest I had one love it! I just picked up a sideshow scar bio helmet . Icons is not even in the same league! The sideshow is so much thicker and just nicer all around made:)
    Not to mention i payed 260 for my scar and 1000 for the icons :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sideshows Scar helmet maybe thicker but not nicer. The base is a crappy design. To me Icons base is far better than Sideshows. Plus the paint jobs on ICONS is 10 times better. At least you can see the weathering on ICONS. Sideshow did nothing. I have both as well. The ICONS helmet is much better. And wearable. Sideshow has a paper Lenses and you can't even see out of them. Now that is crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting find, I was not only the one who sculpted the Predator Helmet but I designed it too, I was hired as a sculptor and their designs looked like UFO designs that had no relation to Predator... so I did my sketch, took it to the CEO & it was quickly approved, & the rest is history!

    ReplyDelete